- Category: Risk
- Published on Monday, 10 September 2012 20:39
- Written by Marilee Richins
- Hits: 166967
The purpose of the State Division of Risk Managements Driver Training Program is to decrease the amount of crashes that occur in the vehicles we insure. By reducing these numbers we hope to save taxpayer dollars and reduce premiums.
Our new test is designed to remind drivers of the rules and procedures for safe driving based on the Utah Driver Handbook. While some test questions reinforce the video, most of the questions come from the Handbook itself and are based on the Utah Department of Public Safety Driver's License Test.
We express our appreciation to the Driver License Division and the Division of Fleet Operations for their support and assistance in making this training possible.
The Fund-Approved Drivers Safety Program consists of completing of the Driver Training Video and exam every two years. Your test results need to be given to the appropriate representative of your agency or institution which, in most cases, is your immediate supervisor or human resource manager.
To start you need to:
- Watch the mandatory video located at the top of the left hand column that reads "Driver's Video".
- After you have watched the video you can click the link located also in the left hand column titled "Driver's Test".
- To take the test you will need to know your email address, the address of your supervisor, fleet coordinator or human resource manager, and your agency.
- For your employee number DO NOT list your social security number. If you do not know your number you can put in a number of your choosing.
- If you need to stop in the middle of the test you can do so by clicking the button on the bottom of the test that says "Save the Test and Return Later" You will be given a code you can enter when starting the test the next time.
- When you have completed the test you will be able to see each question with your response. You will be shown if they are correct or not.
- At the end of the page you will be notified if you passed or not. If you have passed you will be able to click the button to see your certificate and you can then print that webpage. Your scores will be sent automatically to the email addresses you entered on the login page, so please verify your address before begining the test.
- If you did not pass you can click the button and take the test again immediately or you can come back and take it at a later time by entering the code your given within 24 hour time frame.
- If you would like to study for the test you can take notes when you are watching the video and by reading the "Utah Driver Handbook" located in the right hand column.
- Utah Driver License Division
- Utah Highway Safety Office
- Division of Fleet Operations and Surplus ServicesUtah Safety Council Defensive Driving Course
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
- Utah Zero Fatalities
- Utah Codes - Crash Outcome Data Evaluation System